Thursday, 11 December 2008

Jacamars

I am having problems blogging. I have a lot of homework so I do not have much time to blog. Sam spends all his computer time playing games and Max is too young to understand blogging.

I was trying to light a fire,when I looked up and saw a beautiful jacamar. These birds build their nests in the ground and eat bugs.

They are beautiful birds and I hope to see him again. I managed to get a few shots of him. Note the way he seems to "Pose" in front of the camera.


4 comments:

Theresa said...

How cool Chas! He is definitely a poser. What are his favorite bugs? Twiggy bugs? Fat, juicy bugs? Extra crunchy bugs? Smelly bugs? Pretty bugs? He has such a variety to choose from!

Tash said...

I know you have lots of homework Chasbo but maybe blogging can be your break in between subjects. Keep posting. I Always enjoy them!

Guanaguanare said...

Chas, I suspected that it must have been your studies keeping you too busy to blog. I hope, like Tash suggested, that you will find a little time every now and then to share your discoveries. Thank you for this post on the jacamar. I had never seen this bird before and I am very grateful that you took the time to share your photos and observations.
Blessings

Islandgirl said...

Chas is going to be the next big National Geographic explorer/photographer. Chasbo you'll name some really cool new animal spiecies after all of us right? Just as long as it is not a poop eating bug or something - hehe. God job!!